Teaching Opportunity for Majors in Education, Linguistics, TESOL, Cultural Studies, and Social Sciences
Are you looking for an opportunity to teach abroad? Are you trying to build your teaching experience for a year or two? Do you want to learn Chinese in China for free while making money? Well, here is a great opportunity! Chongqing University School of Foreign Languages and Cultures in China is hiring 10 or more professors to teach English to college students. The university is looking for both native English speakers and non-native English speakers who are proficient in English.
- Position Title: ESL Instructor
- Contract: One year, renewable based on performance
- Hours: 14 to 16 hours per week on average
- Teaching: Courses on English-speaking countries cultures/English training for undergraduate students
- Salary: 6,000 to 8,000 RMB (about $1,000 to $1,300 U.S.) per month, depending on experience and qualifications.
- Allowance: Travel allowance provided each semester.
- Vacation: One month paid vacation for Lunar New Year, 1.5 months for summer, plus public holidays.
- Housing: Free furnished two-bedroom apartment provided, a five-minute walk from the University.
- Medical: Free basic medical care.
- Language: Free Chinese language instruction.
- Transportation: Free airline ticket (reimbursed at end of the contract).
MA TESOL, Applied Linguistics, Cultural Studies or other social sciences preferred.
BA and two or three years’ ESL teaching experience+ CELTA/RSA/TESOL/TEFL Certificate will be considered.
Submit: (in pdf format)
Cover Letter (summarizing experience, commitment to education and interest in China)
Send email to:
Dr. Dong: email@example.com AND Ms. Vivian Lee: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: June 15, 2014
Need help? Feel free to email me, Hala Sun, Diversity and Outreach Peer at email@example.com.
For more information about the university, watch the following videos: