Versatile Ph.D. will host a free web-based asynchronous panel discussion on Careers in Informal Science Education (ISE), from February 23-27. All panelists are Ph.D.s or ABDs from STEM fields who have gone into ISE in various different settings, including:
- Biochemist who is now Director of Science and Integrated Strategies at a major science and industry museum
- Neurologist who is now Public Outreach Manager at a scientific association
- Electrical engineer who after a long ISE career in museums and higher ed is now at the Department of Education
- Oceanographer who is Citizen Science Coordinator at a major national museum
- Kinesiologist who after a significant research career did a major pivot and now does Science Outreach for the NIH
You can interact with the panelists throughout the week on the site, or follow the discussion via email. All questions welcome, from the most general to the very specific. For more information on this discussion, click here.