Friday (June 1) marks the first day of Great Outdoors Month. The sun is shining, the temperature is warming up - what a perfect month for going outside and enjoying nature.
Great Outdoors Month features multiple celebrations, including Fee-Free National Parks Day, Fee Waiver Day in National Forests, and National Trails Day (see all of the celebrations on the National Wildlife Federation website).
Santa Barbara is full of opportunities for exploring the great outdoors. Here are some adventures awaiting you:
- Santa Barbara Hikes (try 7 Falls or Inspiration Point)
- Channel Islands National Park (just a boat ride away)
- UCSB Adventure Program
- Santa Barbara Eco-Friendly Itineraries (surfing, hiking, kayaking)
- Bike Santa Barbara County
- SB Camping (who doesn't enjoy spending a night under the stars?)
- Boat Trips