According to the PhD Comics, as we approach Valentine's Day, our exercise regime takes a dive and does not return until January 2014. Don't let this happen to you. Exercising is a crucial part of graduate school (and life). There are many ways to get some exercise:
- Go for a walk at the Ellwood Butterfly Preserve
- Take a Recreation class
- Join an intramural sports team
- Take an Exercise Sport class (beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels of all sorts of sports - search for the courses on UCSB Gold under "ES")
- Walk, jog, or run along the campus lagoon trail
- Do a mindful walk at the campus labyrinth
- Go on a hike in the local mountains
- Bike around Santa Barbara
Plan exercise into your weekly schedule and don't let it be the first thing to go when you are stressed or too busy. Use exercise as a release from stress and to clear your mind.
What's your favorite way to get some exercise on or off campus? Let us know in the comments!