The AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellowships provide opportunities for outstanding scientists and engineers to learn first-hand about federal policymaking while using their knowledge and skills to address today’s most pressing societal challenges. Deadline to apply is November 1, 2018.
AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellowships (STPF) provide opportunities âfor outstanding scientists and engineers to learn first-hand about policymaking while contributing their knowledge and analytical skills to the federal policymaking process. Fellows serve yearlong assignments in the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of the federal government in Washington. Each year, the program adds to a growing corps over 3,000 strong of policy-savvy leaders working across academia, government, nonprofits, and industry to serve the nation and the world.
BENEFITS OF BEING A FELLOW
- Gain hands-on policy experience in a challenging assignment.
- Become a member of an influential network of fellows.
- Receive a stipend of $80-105,000 per year, and additional support.
- Develop new skills.
- Experience life in Washington D.C.
- Get published.
- Learn about career opportunities in various industries.
- Get involved with The American Association for the Advancement of Science.