Career & Tools
The National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity provides a series of mentoring services, including workshops focused on research and writing strategies, networking opportunities, and other forms of professional support and development.
There are new professional development resources coming your way! UCSB is now an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD), an independent professional development, training, and mentoring community of over 71,000 graduate students, postdocs, and faculty members. NCFDD membership provides a series of mentoring services, including workshops focused on research and writing strategies, networking opportunities, and other forms of professional support and development. With institutional support from Susan Carlson, Vice Provost for Academic Personnel in the University of California Office of the President, as well as UCSB's Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor, UCSB graduate students and postdocs will be able to take advantage of NCFDD programming and resources free of charge.
To activate your institutionally sponsored membership:
- Go to the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity website.
- Select the "Become a Member" âbutton.
- Where it says "Select your institution," find "University of California, Santa Barbara" in the drop-down options and hit "Continue."
- Click the "Activate My Membership" button.
- Complete the registration process.
- You will receive a welcome email within 24 business hours confirming that your account is now active and you can begin fully using your new NCFDD membership.
For questions, please contact David Marshall, UCSB's account administrator for NCFDD.