Career & Tools
The Computer Science department is looking for a graduate student to assist with public relations activities in the department. The ideal candidate is someone with strong writing skills, preferably with a writing/editing background. The PR assistant would work roughly 5-10 hours per week. Read on for details!
The Computer Science department is recruiting an upper division undergraduate or graduate student to assist with public relations activities in the department. They are looking for someone with strong writing skills, preferably with a writing/editing background. A writing sample will be requested for those interviewed.
Duties include assisting the Public Relations committee with:
• interviewing faculty and graduate students on current research and developing news
stories for the website
• assisting with the writing of the annual newsletter
• posting recent happenings on a regular basis to social media
• cross promotion of relevant content from other sources
• reviewing the department website to keep it up to date
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per week
If interested, contact: Greta Carl-Halle, Business Officer, at email@example.com